23 January 2007

only spectators

it doesn't matter who you are or what you wear
when you come to the testing day and hour
you've got to use the utmost of your power
and take the chances others would not dare
before you cry that you'd never want to care
for such a useless such a complete shower
of folk who wouldn't in the proper moment flower
and if there's triumph have no right to share
marginal people who in more stringent times
would not have permit even from far to gaze
at what was far beyond their humble glance
who should be made to suffer for their crimes
to stay on the fringes even on the best of days
and never be allowed the smallest chance

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the days of school tests... My scores were decent, but that didn't keep me from approaching each test with great dread.

FSJL said...

I know what you mean. Now, I approach them with great dread because I have to grade them.