20 January 2007

Five little known things about me

Abi has tagged me with the meme: Tell five little-known things about you.

I really don't have anyone to tag, and don't want to (that's why I just rejected the same meme, in another place, when my younger son tried it on me). Nevertheless, here goes:


(1) I was on my school's quiz team for four years in a row (1969-1973). As a result, when I last had my passport renewed, I was able to point out to the person who was certifying the veracity of my existence that he had known me for 28 years.

(2) The only musical instrument I've ever played was the triangle. I was terrible at it.

(3) I once stood beside Tuli Kupferberg at a urinal.

(4) I have a niece and a nephew who are Scots. (This number will change shortly.)

(5) I know two women who have been kissed by Fidel Castro.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once was at a book fair in San Francisco and, while turning around in a crowded booth, I almost hit writer Maxine Hong Kingston in the face.

The parents of my youngest sis-in-law's hubby were Jews from Austria. They knew Einstein. They also were on Hitler's ennemy list.

FSJL said...

Those are both interesting. I've managed to avoid hitting any writers in the face (or on the shoes).