17 December 2006

Can't get the grades in

I'm tired yet I feel like a clown,
my face it is set to a frown;
I've finished my grading
and energies fading
I find that the system is down.

I've got till tomorrow at noon,
and, I suppose, that's a boon;
for having no choice,
nor much of a voice,
I'm afraid to scream like a loon.

I thought that this might just occur,
my mind has been set all a-whirr,
for on this bright day
I'm sorry to say
my memory's down to a blur.

The process makes me want to yell;
my students can't think and can't spell.
They all want straight As,
but, minds in a daze,
they make grading feel just like hell.

I suppose that I ought to be glad
but instead I am tired and feel bad,
it could have been worse,
as under a curse,
and driven me entirely mad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice man, cool poem